Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On Guard

In an attempt to remind myself that security can be both fashionable and functional I’ve collected a few photos of local homes which play host to guardsmen as smart as English Royal Guards and twice as sweet.

Some are quite sophisticated...
This is one of a pair of bronze dogs, Greyhounds I think, flanking a stately entrance of a home in Georgetown once occupied by J.F.K. and Jackie before presidency.

Some are crafted in the form of sophistication, but of much more modest material...


Classic Foo Dogs...


Adorable...



Sly...


Slightly creepy...


And, we round out the tour with a beer (or more) at Nellies who also employes a watch dog...

4 comments:

  1. what - no guard birds? You know the one I mean! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott-The Foo Dog house is the house I lived in during law school. A bit of history-it was rented by the Kennedy clan to live in the month of Jack's inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the creepy one! My camera finds itself drawn to homes which employ the services of these cute creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a house in my new neighborhood that has two big stone elephants out front, trunks in the air and all. They make me laugh every time I walk by.

    ReplyDelete